Sunday, February 6, 2011

A Visit to A Blooming Hill

Bob and I stopped by A Blooming Hill vineyard/winery yesterday to taste some wine and chat with Jim and Holly, the owners. This is the winery that I'll be doing some volunteering for while I'm here for the next few months.

The intimate, recently renovated tasting room received several visitors while we were there, including a small group on on an organized wine tour.

I enjoyed listening to the conversation between Bob and Jim in which Bob asked some really good questions about wine-making and the business in general, and have decided that if we ever do a video blog about wine, Bob gets to be the on-camera, interview guy.

Holly was very kind to send me home with a bottle of their 2008 Pinot Noir, which has received several awards, the most recent a Silver from the 9th Annual Pinot Noir Shoot-out in California.

I'm looking forward to drinking it, and to hanging out with them during the last weekend of February for the madness and fun that will be the Newport Seafood and Wine festival!

No comments:

Post a Comment