Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Nice Timing, Mother Nature

Looks like Oregon is set to get an unusually heavy snowfall over the next 2-3 days, with accumulations of up to 7 inches, depending on your location and your weather source.

This may present an interesting challenge for my (and everyone else's) trip to the coast for the Newport Seafood and Wine Festival this weekend.

Jim and Holly have been nice enough to offer to let me drive over with them ahead of schedule (they're planning to arrive a day ahead of time to get set up), but my pet sitting schedule and another obligation are going to prevent me from taking them up on it.

So I'll be driving all by myself early on Friday morning...wish me luck!

In the mean time, my emotionally challenged cat Rikki is still acting up from his visit to the pet sitter last weekend, and making me feel alternately guilty about leaving him again, and glad to be getting away from his incessant, forlorn meowing and his attempts to open every single door in the house. The cabinets are especially annoying...he gets them part-way open and then lets them bang shut. Meow, bang. All night long.

No comments:

Post a Comment